Intramurals is the most popular extracurricular activity on campus. Each year over 2,000 students, faculty, and staff participate in one or many of the competitive and/or recreational sports activities offered. The Intramural Program provides each individual with the opportunity to participate in their favorite sports activity, and also discover the benefit of a new sport experience. The Intramural Program offers team competition in men's and women's divisions. The activities are varied in skill level so that there is an opportunity for every individual to participate. Intramurals is also a great way to meet new people and stay active at the same time. Teams can be formed in a variety of ways through residence halls, groups of friends, and off-campus groups.
All intramural participants will be required to create an account on IMLeagues.com.
To create an IMLeagues account: **Note** IMLeagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages, please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
1. Go to https://www.imleagues.com/Oakwood/Registration ORGo to www.imleagues.com and click Create Account ORGo to www.imleagues.com and click "Log in with Facebook" if you have a facebook account with your school email attached - this will automatically create an account, fill in your info, and join you to the school (steps 2-4)
2. Enter your information, and use your School email if applicable (@oakwood.edu) and submit.
3. You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
4. You should be automatically joined to your school – If not you can search schools by clicking the "Schools" link
How to sign up for an intramural sport:
1. Log in to your IMLeagues.com account.
2. Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your User Homepage page ORClick on the "Oakwood University" link to go to your school's homepage on IMLeagues.
3. The current sports will be displayed, click on the sport you wish to join.
4. Choose the league you wish to play in (Men's, Women's, Co-Rec, etc.)
5. Choose the division you'd like to play in (Monday 5PM, Tuesday 5PM, etc.)
6. You can join the sport one of three ways:
a. Create a team (For team captains)
i. Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the "Invite Members" link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team.
1. If they've already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name, and invite them2. If they haven't yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the "Invite by Email Address" box, and input their email address.
b. Join a team
i. Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every pageii. Accepting a request from the captain to join his teamiii. Finding the team and captain name on division/league page and requesting to joiniv. Going to the captain's playercard page, viewing his team, and requesting to join
c. Join as a Free Agent
i. You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you'd like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.