ACS Combinatorial Science
The Scripps Research Institute
Print Edition ISSN: 2156-8952
Web Edition ISSN: 2156-8944
ACS Combinatorial Science publishes research describing the development and use of combinatorial, high-throughput, and related methods in chemistry, materials science, and biology. The journal welcomes submissions from a broad spectrum of scientific endeavor involving the discovery of functional molecules or systems using combinatorial techniques, molecular libraries, and evolving systems; and the development of tools for speeding and understanding such discoveries.
Examples include molecular synthesis and screening, biological and bio-inspired development of molecular function, molecular systems exhibiting feedback and evolution, combinatorial synthesis and testing of polymers and materials, parallel operations and engineering, robotics and automation, and analytical and computational methods, among many others.
ACS Combinatorial Science is dedicated to the proposition that combinatorial and evolutionary molecular science represents an emerging new discipline, while providing powerful tools for the further development of its contributing fields. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Discovery and optimization of biologically active compounds
- Combinatorial synthetic chemistry
- High throughput and novel assays and analytical techniques
- Combinatorial and high throughput discovery and optimization of new materials
- Directed evolution of proteins and nucleic acids
- Tools and techniques for molecular evolution
- Use of evolving biological systems and organisms for molecular function
- Robotics and microfluidic technologies
- Theoretical and computational tools supporting combinatorial and high throughput research
ACS Combinatorial Science publishes Articles, Letters, Reviews, Perspectives, Accounts, and Technology Notes.
The full expanded scope and additional information on manuscript types can be found by viewing the Information for Authors page.