Students, faculty, staff, and long-term contractors are required to display valid Oakwood University parking decals on vehicles driven on campus. Decals are required:
1. To insure that vehicles have insurance, current registrations, and that the drivers have valid drivers' licenses.
2. To enable Public Safety to identify vehicles when an owner needs to be contacted.
3. To facilitate entry to the campus in the event of restricted access or during a critical incident.
On September 15, 2011, Public Safety monitored the entry gates to enforce the parking decal requirement. Vehicles displaying a valid decal will be directed to a specific lane to facilitate traffic flow at the entry gates. Vehicles without valid decal were stopped and information was gathered from the vehicle and driver. To help alleviate traffic back-ups during the decal check process, the Oakwood Road gate (from Hwy 53/Jordan Lane) was open from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. to facilitate campus access ONLY for those vehicles displaying current decals.
Parking citations will be issued beginning Thursday, September 15. Writing parking citations is an unpleasant experience for both the officer and the recipient. We ask that those who have not obtained a valid parking decal to please do so by Thursday morning. Decals can be obtained from the Public Safety headquarters building (corner of Faculty Rd & Oakwood Rd) during normal business hours.
Before you come for a decal please be sure you have the following:
1) Proof of insurance
2) Current vehicle registration (license tag receipt)
3) Valid driver's license
4) Employee OR Student ID card (for students, proof of status as a sophomore, junior, senior).
Public Safety expresses thanks to the campus community for the cooperation and positive attitudes that were displayed during the parking decal enforcement operation on September 15. For those who have not obtained a parking decal, please do so immediately to avoid receiving a parking citation.
Again, many thanks for your support.
News & Events -