Oakwood University is a residential campus. Our mission is to provide holistic quality Christian Education in a nurturing environment of campus living. The University has made a concerted effort to make residential living comfortable, clean, and convenient, in a Christ-centered climate.
Students under 22 years of age are required to live on campus. Students living in University housing, with the exception of West Oaks Apartments residents, are required to board in the University cafeteria. Exceptions to the housing policy may be made for students who are not currently on social or citizenship probation and who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- They are married or a custodial parent. (Proof required for students under age 22)
- They are 22 years of age or older or have two years of military service (Proof of age required, government issued document i.e. birth certificate, current driver/non drivers license)
- They live with parent(s) or legal guardian(s) or grandparent(s) who maintain primary residence in the Huntsville area. *(Proof of Huntsville, Alabama Residency Required)
- They live with a sibling or parent’s sibling 23 years of age or older who maintains primary residence in the Huntsville area. *(Proof of Huntsville, Alabama Residency Required)
- They are taking six or fewer credits.
ABODE Housing Program
Here you can check your student's fines, housing fees, & additional housing information.
Campus Housing Information Update
New & Transfer students:
Once your Intent to Enroll Fee is paid your room reservation is secure until August 10, 2016. Please make sure you are financially cleared before this date.
You have the opportunity to secure your room by obtaining financial clearance before July 15, 2016. If financial clearance is not obtained by July 15, please resubmit your housing application and financial clearance to hold your room by the following dates: July 22, July 29, and Aug 5.
Your room assignment can only be held for 7 days once your housing application is input.
Preparing To Live In The Residence Halls
|What You Need to Bring
||What NOT to Bring
- mattress cover
- desk lamp
- linens for your bed
- cleaning supplies
- headphones, earphones
- airtight food storage containers
- room decor to reflect Christian atmosphere
- 1.5 cu.ft. refrigerator (Except Holland Hall)
- 1.0 cu. ft microwave (Except Holland Hall)
- throw rug
- your own furniture
- frying pans
- hot plates/ovens
- Kerosene lamps
- for additional information, refer to the Residential Life Guide
Family/Married housing is also available for approximately 15 families. Call the office of Financial Administration for more information x7408.