Miss Oakwood University
Miss Oakwood is a spiritual, progressive, strong, vibrant, independent and intelligent woman who cares for the well-being of both herself and others.
She is a role model in her church, her college community and the community at large. Miss Oakwood is willing to assertively address the challenges of today, while effectively reaching towards her goals for tomorrow.
The Miss Oakwood Pageant seeks to identify, develop, and promote leadership within the Oakwood University community among Christian College age women. The mission shall be achieved by accomplishing the following:
- Assisting women in developing a sense of identity and self-worth through exercise of poise and presentation.
- Celebrating the many shapes, sizes, colors and textures of beauty, achievement and womanhood.
- Providing women with a broader avenue for self-expression through their God given talents.
- Providing women with opportunities to enhance their professional and educational goals by offering alternative ways towards achieving merit and scholarship.
- Supporting progressive programs that are of civic, social, and cultural in nature.
- Developing programs that will promote community involvement and address relevant issues.
- Developing alliances with other non profit organizations to promote community growth and development.
APPLY to be the Next Miss Oakwood University