Weekend Academy Tutorial Program
Attend special fun & fact-filled presentations for free!
Oakwood University science departments, with funding from the National Science Foundation, are hosting a Weekend Academy Tutorial Program for the community, at no cost to the students. The goal of the program is to prepare 8th and 9th grade minority students to take standardized exams and to be successful in high school through a series of workshops and seminars.
Why you’ll want to attend?
This program is designed to complement the curriculum that you are currently participating in. It involves academic preparation and classes designed to assist students with social and spiritual maturation. We will also provide light refreshments during a 10 minute break (usually in the middle of the session).
What you’ll learn?
- Reading & English
- Financial Management for Teens
- Internet Skills & Safety
- Microsoft Training
When will the events be held?
- Orientation/Workshop sessions will on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2009 @ 3:00 – 5:00PM for Registered Students
- Schedule with periodic intervals
Where will the events be held?
- Room #233 of the Chemistry Department, Cooper Complex Building #1, Oakwood University
- The Microsoft Training sessions will be held in the computer lab (lower level) of the McKee Business & Technology building (Oakwood University)
For Further Info, Contact Us!